About the conference:
- StampedeCon is the first national Big Data conference of its kind to take place in centrally located St. Louis, MO. This affordable event aims to connect those who are interested in better understanding and leveraging Big Data and discussing what’s next for this emerging field.
General speaker qualities:
- We are looking for dynamic speakers who will engage the audience with story-driven talks about the way Big Data impacts their field or profession.
- Talks may be from the point of view of the business executive, developer and/or system architect and other information technology professionals.
StampedeCon 2013 is a two-day conference (July 30-31, 2013). Here are the themes for each day:
- July 30: Developing Your Data and Analytics Strategies
- Connect business goals and realities with big data architecture decisions.
- July 31: Developing Your Technology Strategy
- Gain a view into the variety of technologies available to implement your data and analytics strategies.
Presentations can be technical or non-technical depending on your goals. For example:
- Are you leading your industry’s adoption of Big Data technologies and want to share your story?
- Do you want to share your technical experiences with leveraging a new machine learning library?
- Do you want to describe system architecture challenges you’ve overcome?
Whatever your goal, we look forward to receiving your proposal. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- Applications of Big Data technologies in healthcare, life sciences, social media, online retail, financial services, defense and other fields of significant general interest.
- Sentiment Analysis/Opinion Mining/Crowdsourcing
- Case studies involving HBase, Hive, etc.
- Real-time query interfaces to distributed systems
- Business Intelligence
- Predictive Analytics
- The science of Big Data
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Log Analysis
- Enterprise Data Architecture
- Other suggested topics are welcome as well!
- We expect a diverse group of attendees that includes developers, system architects, scientists, executives and many others.
- 40-minute presentation including questions
- Proposal submission deadline:
March 15, 2013EXTENDED: March 31, 2013
- Presenters notified by: April 12, 2013
- Conference dates: July 30-31, 2013
Talk submission form:
- Thank you for your submissions, our Call For Speakers is now closed for 2013.